Master Data Management Strategy — OSB (2012/2013)
As a knowledge-based organization,the Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy (OSB) relies on sound information management to achieve its mandate and strategic objectives. As with most businesses, data is the primary artifact of the day to day operations of OSB. With the quantity of data in systems growing exponentially and requirements for new IT systems looming, OSB needed to document and solidify its data architecture and data governance.
OSB engaged Re-Think Strategic Consulting to develop a Master Data Management Strategy. The strategy involved:
- Defining and documenting the importance of information management
- Outlining Government of Canada legislative and policy requirements as it relates to information management
- Assessing the current state of data management at OSB, including the current information architecture, current data governance, and the gaps and challenges in their approach to data management.
- Developing a proposed master data management strategy, including a data governance framework and a case management focused data model
- Developing a series of short, medium and long-term work packages to support the implementation of the Master Data Management Strategy